THIS WEEK: Sven and Van continue Kikaider 01 (1973) and are introduced to the SHADOW organization. Compelled almost against their will, our hosts are here to dredge out the good points from under a mountain of nonsense. Join them as the hosts are increasingly confused about which show they're covering; the character Gunta will amaze you with his irrelevance; and Big Shadow asks an important question: how many layers of supervillainy are YOU on?
Content note: Episode 12 of Kikaider 01 has instances of animal abuse (in character; no real animals were harmed, etc).
* Kikaider 01 (1973) 7-12
* Black Dragon, Gattaider, Crimson Tortoise, Ghost Woman, Bakeneko
* The curious case of Gill-Hakaider
* Discussing Ichiro's signature weakness
* Rieko's lack of character, ft. robo-racism
* It's Mr. Titan - uh, it's Shadow Knight!
* The applications of dramatic irony
* In defense of that fucking flute
* Amusement park chase montage
* Big Shadow's Big Hello
* Kikaider's focus on family
* Why do we even have that button!?
* Underground Japanese Ghost Base
* Yokai Murderbots, with guns!
* Sidenote: Hawaiian/Japanese cultural overlap
* An extraordinarily long con
* A very haunted analysis
* Cat Orb (corb)
* Severed head necromancy
* The humanity of being inhuman
* “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* Masato Shimon – “Kikaider 01”
* Thomas “Drax” Mogensen – “Happy Happy Christmas”
* RIDER CHIPS – “Fight! Seven Riders!” – Pachinko Kamen Rider: Full Throttle
NEXT WEEK: Introducing GOD's Chief of Security - Apollo Geist.