THIS WEEK: "Change 01!" The historians return for more android shenanigans in Kikaider 01, the sequel to Android Kikaider. Not to put too fine a point on it, the show discards its overarcing themes of what it means to be a human in favor of unmitigated nonsense. Does this make it better? The answer may surprise you. Join Van and Sven as they consider the practicality of a solar-powered robot with a battery life of five seconds; Sven has a temporary Dr. Seuss-related mixup; they see prototypical Sentai villain squad dynamics; and they are baffled at the mystery plot surrounding Akira and Rieko.
This show... might be a bit stupid.
The full series of Kikaider 01 is available legally in the US, once again through Generation Kikaida!
* Kikaider 01 (1973) 1-6
* Silver Shrimp, Blue Crocodile, Red Centipede
* Android Kikaider recap
* Dramatis Personae
* The Hakaider Squad & Gill-Hakaider
* Hiding places for blueprints
* Zi-O's "Kamen Rider Kikai"
* Seibu-en Amusement Park
* The "Four Stage Attack"
* Jiro returns
* Gunta, a.k.a. discount-Hanpei
* Android mook factories
* Suit nitpicks
* Comparing Rieko and Dr. Komyoji
* SATANIC DARKNESS
* Everyone loves robovore
* Messages in bottles
* That goddamned flute
* Destron plots...?
* Fight choreography and lack of focus
* “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* Masato Shimon - "Kikaider 01"
* Thomas "Drax" Mogensen - "Happy Happy Christmas"
* RIDER CHIPS – “Fight! Seven Riders!” – Pachinko Kamen Rider: Full Throttle
NEXT WEEK: SET UP!