THIS WEEK: Abandoned by Alexa at the eleventh hour, Van and Sven make the mistake of examining a Cyborg 009 spinoff, here reimagined as the exploitation film 009-1: The End of the Beginning. Join them as Sven scrambles for anything to talk about but the movie itself; the Metal Gear Solid jokes continue unchecked and unabated; Koichi Sakamoto needs to get more raw potatoes in his diet; Van's plot predictions end up right for all the wrong reasons; and at long last, Sven finds his hill to die on.
Content warning: This film contains gratuitous blood & gore, non-explicit sex, sexual assault, suicide, and incest.
* 009-1: The End of the Beginning (2013)
* The premise of 009-1
* Koichi Sakamoto
* Dramatis Personae
* Human trafficking, homicide, and titty bars
* Mylene's story
* Dr. Klein's inept hostage situation
* The kind of really misogynistic nature of the movie
* PS2 CGI helicopters
* Calling Mylene a "monster"
* Deus Ex: Human Revolution & Mass Effect
* Fake pool lesbian party
* Swimming pool fight scenes that refuse to do Scarface
* Silent Hill
* The worst scene in the movie
* Chris's contradictory (and deeply creepy) motives
* Forgotten character development
* Post-credit stingers of no significance
* “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* RIDER CHIPS – “Fight! Seven Riders!” – Pachinko Kamen Rider: Full Throttle
NEXT WEEK: The end of Kamen Rider V3.