THIS WEEK: Sven and Van do their best to build up the second-last batch of Kamen Rider (1971), despite the show being what it is. Between spooky cat paintings and nuclear-powered bikes, what could go wrong? In addition, we get tripped up by flashback fashion details; Sven indulges his inner fan of Fleischer Superman; Van indulges their love of terrible puns; we all have a bad time with fake blindness; and when this series hits 88 episodes - well, you know.
* Kamen Rider (1971) 86-91
* Eaglemantis, Kumolion, Catgecko, Canarycobra, Nezucondor, Centipede-Tiger
* Hongo can't catch a break
* Gel-Shocker's gruesomeness
* Consistently inconsistent flashbacks
* Death threat greeting cards!
* Blatantly magic paintings
* Physics With Van Ong
* On the suspension of disbelief
* Music changes!
* Actually... informing the public?
* Fake (and not-so-fake) injuries
* Recycled vampire zombie virus plot (pt. 3?)
* Eyeball squick
* Shocker Youth, once more
* Hongo's isolation
* The "Hope" of Gel-Shocker
* Prey & Dead Space
* Roundtable: Leading up to the finale
* Timeline troubles & Heisei's Foundation X
* “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* M|O|O|N - "Hydrogen" - Hotline Miami Original Soundtrack
* Masato Shimon - "Rider Action" and "Lonely Kamen Rider"
NEXT WEEK: Revived androids and rehashed formulas - the early signs of Kikaider's growing pains.