THIS WEEK: The trio introduce Gel-Shocker, who are... about as competent as the old Shocker, but with more ruthlessness added to the mix. In addition, we have an honest and earnest discussion of the differences between Nazi ideology and general-purpose fascism; Gel-Shocker's combatmen work off college rules; Alexa loses her shit over monster names; we get to see Ishinomori's personal hand directing the show, and take note: Show up at the fight quarry in thirty minutes if you want an ass-kicking!
(Note: We are still relying on Craigbot this week, with some unavoidable clicking due to connectivity issues. We'll return to microphone recording as soon as we can.)
* Kamen Rider (1971) 80-85
* Ganikomol, Scorpionlizard, Jellyfishwolf, Inokabuton, Anemonejaguar, Morayturtlez
* Looking Ahead: Kamen Rider Zi-O
* New Combatmen
* Fashion choices
* Shocker shedding its identity
* General Black
* Wolfenstein: The New Order
* The Death of Kamen Rider!? (no)
* OH NO JC A BOMB
* Nazi ideology vs fascism in Shocker
* Yet another electricity monster plot
* Wheel skeleton!
* Ishinomori's brand of cinematography
* Pollution-based toku monsters
* Artisanally crafted sludge
* Rider Youth orphans
* Let's Go Kamen Riders
* The Headless Horseman
* Listener question: South American Cyborg 009
* “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* Ron Wasserman - "Go Go Power Rangers (Zeo Version)" - Power Rangers Zeo
* Masato Shimon - "Let's Go! Rider Kick" and "Rider Action"
NEXT WEEK: Blood-powered superweapons! Business as usual.