THIS WEEK: Sven and Van finish Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier, as they break down the highs and the lows of Ishinomori's most formative work. In addition, we discuss Van Vogt's terrible fashion choices; love confessions have never come at a worse time; we contend with nuclear-armed demon-god eagle-robots; we talk idealism vs cynicism in relation to Cyborg's ending; Van loses their goddamn mind; and at the end of all things, trying to count on shooting stars is as fleeting as hoping God's War makes any sense.
* Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) S2E20-E23
* Nobody likes jealousy plots why do people keep doing them
* Dub differences (the final act)
* Cyborg Soldier's production and release woes
* Cyborg 009's villains and their strengths
* Joe's kindness holding him back
* Public execution love confessions
* The Demon God/Generalissimo
* The death of Van Vogt
* Joe's final mission
* The true face of evil
* Joe vs Skull, round 2
* Lighting the powder keg
* The nature of humanity & the summation of the Ishinomori hero
* The would-be ending of Cyborg 009
* "Angel", "Battle With The Gods", and "Conclusion: God's War"
* Left Behind
* Afterwords and postmortems
* Narrative cynicism & reinforcing the antagonist's worldview
* “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* Fayray - "I do"
* Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
NEXT WEEK: The end of Ambassador Hell.