THIS WEEK: Sven and Van pull themselves up from their post-E3 fugue, just in time to guide you through the beginning of Cyborg 009's end. After an in-universe year(!) of relative peace, our protagonists finally catch up with Black Ghost. With the series wrapping up, it's also time to take a look at how the character arcs for some of our heroes are wrapping up. Additionally, we are reintroduced to an old friend; Joe is reunited with his old friends; we discuss the dehumanization of people of colour; the fatigue of battle is touched on; Vena looks awfully familiar to certain dead fiancees; Sven displays his Star Trek knowledge; and Joe Shimamura's smile and optimism: gone.
* Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) S2E17-S2E19
* Supersonic hyper-evolved dinosaurs from the core of the planet!!
* Mitsutomo, Black Ghost's shell company
* Klaus Van Vogt
* Golden age of science fiction & kabuki theatre
* Francoise and Joe, re-revisited, for the last time, probably
* Mary, Masaru, Shinichi
* Suplexing alligators!
* Jet's dependability
* Joe's dwindling hope and ongoing breakdown
* Albert's old habits and pragmatism
* Francoise's acclimatization to combat
* Pyunma's (literal) dehumanization
* Gilmore's traumatic regression
* The underground kingdom of Yomi
* The Pu'awaks and the Zattans
* Battle fatigue
* Vena and Albert
* An ode to the Dolphin: settings as characters
* “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
NEXT WEEK: The second movie, Kamen Rider vs Ambassador Hell! Also the return of soap bubbles.