THIS WEEK: Van and Sven rant about time travel and bad parenting. Guess which topic is going to make them angrier! In this stretch, we're introduced to a new antagonistic quartet; we discuss the origins of the word "cyborg"; we get corrections coming from inside the podcast; Ivan Whisky is stone fucking cold; and the hosts betray each other just as much as the 00-cyborgs dump on Jet.
Minor correction: "2222" and "2020" are mentioned as the year Rina comes from, the correct one is 2222. Nuclear devastation is not actually coming in two years. Hopefully.
Content warning: There's some rather frank (and heated) discussion about parental abuse and the tactics abusers use at the end of our coverage, the bulk of it from 1:44:24 to 1:50:10 .
* Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) S2E13-S2E16
* Kline & Clynes' Astronautics article
* The Mutant Warriors (Rina, Phil, Cain, Mii/Mai)
* Cain and Mai's manga counterparts
* "FOX...DIE!" (pt. 2)
* Dr. Gamo Whisky (Asimov?)
* Ending themes
* The Men Who Stare At Goats
* Time labyrinths
* Clap your hands if you believe in the sync warp
* The terrible no-good very bad future
* Jet & Francoise's friendship
* Joe's breakdown
* Van desperately tries to find a silver lining
* Dr. Gamo vs Dr. Gilmore
* Having faith & losing faith
* Walkbacks and backdowns
* “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* "Kagerou Days" - Jin ft. Shouichi Taguchi - Mekakucity Actors
* "The War Still Rages Within" - Jamie Christopherson - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
* Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
NEXT WEEK: Squid.