THIS WEEK: Oh, Cyborg Soldier isn't over yet. Well, maybe it's just a slice-of-life anime from now on? The cyborgs take a much-needed sabbatical, while the crew discusses how trusted word-of-mouth is everything for a struggling venture which in no way mirrors real-life scenarios. In addition, Jet passes on his legacy as the big hero guy to the next generation; Chang has never heard the word "delegation" in his life; Sven will fight every author who has won a Newbury Medal; we take a trip to the Lost World while Joe has no idea what dinosaurs are; and the enemy, as always, is capitalism.
* Van read Devilman Lady and died
* Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) 18-21
* 005's much-needed time in the sun
* [momentary break for shilling]
* Love Actually
* 002, the Indestructible Cyborg!
* Jet's backstory in the manga vs. the 2001 anime
* Public recognition (or lack thereof) of Ishinomori heroes
* Young adult literature, or, Joe can't have nice things
* Dog Firestarter
* Feelings Weather(tm)
* Jurassic Park
* Sven still can't pronounce things
* Babies are not doctors
* The scientific accuracy of ninja laser dinosaurs
* Dr. Ross, baby boomers & adapting to a new world
* Our distaste of dubtitles reaches a fever pitch
* The beginning of the Mythos Arc
* Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* Craig Armstrong – Love Actually The Original Soundtrack - “PM's Love Theme”
* Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
NEXT WEEK: Mountain-based powerups and James Bond villains.