THIS WEEK: We hope you've all had a good holiday season! 003 sure didn't. We follow the 00 cyborgs on their once-in-a-lifetime round-the-world trip; there are multiple reminders to never do contract work for Black Ghost; the team gets increasingly salty over translation foibles and fight over who gets to punch Ishinomori's ghost; Black Ghost has a thing about aquatic animals; we are all 007; we dig into Françoise and G.B.'s backstories; and apparently people don't know how to write Native Americans in the year two thousand and goddamn one.
* Clarification of the cyborgs' physical ages
* Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier (2001) 9-13
* Black Ghost is having a bad fiscal year
* Dr. Berg is a reject character from Girl Genius
* The Dragon Triangle
* Sven hits the doubt.jpg jackpot
* Aurora Borealis? At this time of year?
* is it too late to start a "shut up, Jet" counter
* Professor Findol invented the Shagohod
* Moral condemnation of arms dealers
* [sound of Françoise dissociating at light speed]
* Ishinomori hates parents like Araki hates dogs
* Going home is horrible and you should never do it
* Scarecrow is the only shining light in "Mystical Island"
* 005's characterization and depiction
* Venti London Fog
* G.B.'s beautiful locks
* BEE BOMBS
* Analyzing G.B.'s chauvinism and his motivations compared to the play-within-the-show
* Please god someone do a retranslation of this anime save us
* “Fight! Seven Riders!! Showa Rider Taisen” – Kamen Rider x Kamen Rider Fourze & OOO: Movie War Megamax
* Chiaki Ishikawa – “Taga Tame Ni”
Visual companion in a few days!
NEXT WEEK: Hayato Ichimonji's backstory, and filling in some plot holes.